Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities Waiver
The Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) Waiver Program is intended to provide services to support and assist members to live and be as independent as possible. These services are provided in natural settings, such as the home and community.
The WV I/DD Waiver Program is a federally approved program for individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. The program is operated in WV by the Bureau for Medical Services (BMS), who contracts with KEPRO as the Utilization Management Contractor (UMC).
KEPRO is responsible for the day-to-day operations and oversight of the I/DD Waiver program. This includes conducting Annual Functional Assessments, which are used to determine member yearly budgets and by the Medical Eligibility Contract Agent to determine eligibility. In addition, KEPRO conducts provider reviews, offers training and education to providers, members, and other stakeholders, and reviews requests for prior authorization if I/DD Waiver services.
I/DD Waiver CareConnection© - KEPRO provides a comprehensive CareConnection© system for data collection and submission. The system accommodates various user roles and even supports work performed by other BMS contractors.
- I/DD Waiver CareConnection© Web User Manual
- I/DD Waiver CareConnection© Provider Registration Form
- I/DD Waiver CareConnection© Web User Request Form
Consumer Education Goals - KEPRO Consumer/Family Educators and other staff are available for training and technical assistance, receiving complaints about I/DD Waiver service provision and to conduct the Participant Experience Survey.
- Empowering persons receiving services with information about their rights and responsibilities in communicating with providers and a utilization management contractor
- Informing members of their rights and responsibilities within the I/DD Waiver program
- Informing members of their role/choice in accessing services through Waiver verses an institution, choice in service delivery model, and service providers
- Serving as a resources to assist consumers, families, providers and stakeholders with information about alternative resources, advocacy, transitional living homes, food pantries and more.
- West Virginia Advocates
- West Virginia Developmental Disabilities Council
- Center for Excellence in Disabilities at West Virginia University
- West Virginia Parent Training and Information
- West Virginia 211
- US Department of Justice and Civil Rights Division Americans with Disabilities Act
- US Department of Education Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
Provider Education Goals - KEPRO Provider Educators and other staff are available for training and technical assistance to I/DD Waiver providers.
- Educating providers about their duties to consumers, families and other stakeholders
- Completing on-site utilization management and quality outcomes reviews to gather data and provide training/technical assistance to improve the quality of service documentation, services provided and consumer outcomes
- Assisting providers with proper submission of requests for prior authorization
- Educating providers about I/DD Waiver policy
I/DD Waiver Department Contacts:
Toll-Free : 866.385.8920
General Email: WVIDDWaiver@kepro.com
Bureau for Medical Services I/DD Wavier Program (for policy/forms, rates FAQs, etc.)
350 Capitol Street, Room 251
Charleston, WV 25301
Fiscal Employer Agent (Personal Options)
Public Partnerships, LLC (PPL)
Molina Medicaid Solutions
For Providers: 888.483.0793
For Members: 304.343.3380
West Virginia Protective Services
Office of Health Facility Licensure and Certification (OHFLAC)
408 Leon Sullivan Way
Charleston, WV 25301