KEPRO provides comprehensive healthcare management and consultation to West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR). Through this partnership model, KEPRO conducts administrative, clinical and coordinating activities for the Bureau for Medical Services, Bureau for Children & Families and the Bureau for Behavioral Health & Health Facilities that result in a more effective and efficient system of care for West Virginia.
As the Administrative Services Organization (ASO), KEPRO assists the West Virginia DHHR in its development and management of a high quality, accountable, public sector system for an array of programs that include: behavioral health, medical, socially necessary, nursing facility, long term care, Aged & Disabled Waiver, Intellectual/Developmental Disability (I/DD) Waiver, and Traumatic Brain Injury Waiver.
The KEPRO program includes, but is not limited to, the following functions:
- An effective and efficient process of utilization management
- An established training and consultative process (retro reviews) that encourages
- Improvement in the quality of care;
- Ensuring that care is provided in the most appropriate setting; and
- Increasing successful outcomes.
- Provision of education and technical assistance to providers
- Provision of consumer education which has included
- Annual focus groups;
- Family support and education; and
- Specialized trainings such as Consumer Rights/Responsibilities.
For more information, please call KEPRO - West Virginia at 800.461.0655.